Did you know that people worldwide are suffering from anxiety, depression, and conduct disorder? And did you know that 180.000.000 people googled: ‘How to be happy. Those numbers are still skyrocketing! Two third of people don’t experience happiness.

Time is a resource we value, and happy people value their time. Time is also the resource that we would love to have more of in our lives. We humans need to start appreciating and not criticizing the small things in life. Therefore, we should all begin by embracing our imperfections—for instance, accidents, failures, and mistakes.

For example, if we take a deeper look at happy people, they don’t want to be: famous, influential, or important. They enjoy spending time with their friends and doing what they love doing. This can result in finding your passion, something that gives you energy. 


Philosopher Epicurus: a lifelong study on happiness

Epicurus studied his whole life about happiness and what makes people happy. There are a few key elements one can do to manifest joy. First, we need friendship. Friendship is where humans are at their sweetest. Secondly, we do not need a lot of money. We were working at a job that we do not like or love doesn’t bring joy or happiness. 

Progress equals Happiness

Tony Robbins

Therefore, we need a job that we love doing where we feel contributing to something. We should reflect on the moments that truly make us happy. A calm and clear mind is something we should strive for. Furthermore, we need our friends regularly around. There were over 400.000 small Epicurus communities which are these days monasteries. Everyone had their duty around the house.

Tony Robbins on the Human needs

Tony Robbins came up with a list of six human needs that people crave. First on the list is a certainty. All human beings need to feel particular. This assurance helps you to avoid pain and allows you to gain pleasure—secondly, uncertainty. We as humans need new motives and a change of environment by going into the unknown and searching for change. Thirdly, people crave significance. We all need to feel special, meaningful, and unique. 

Fourthly, we value relationships and friendships very much because we require a strong feeling of connection and love. Fifthly, growth. Tony Robbins states that process equals happiness. Humans need to make improvements, or they will become bored and tired of not making any progress.

The secret of living is giving

Tony Robbins

Lastly, humans show growth so they can give. Therefore contribution is an essential human need. ‘The secret of living is giving. The more you contribute and help others, the better you will feel. Having great control over these six human needs can aid in conquering your sine wave syndrome.

What do you want to do with your life?

Scott Dinsmore’s calling is to alter the world by encouraging people to find what energizes them and build a career running parallel to their work only if they can do it. He is a career change tactician whose demoralizing experience at a Fortune 500 job launched his quest to learn why 80% of grown-ups hate the work they do and, more importantly, to identify what the other 20% were doing differently.

His study led to experiences with thousands of employees and entrepreneurs from 158 countries. Scott refined the results down to his Passionate Work Framework – three surprisingly simple practices for finding and doing work you love that all happen to be entirely within our control. He makes his career tools available access to the public throughout his community.

Scott Dinsmore on finding work you love

To what extent are you experiencing the Sine Wave Syndrome in your daily life? It would be wonderful to hear your thoughts on this podcast. Feel free to send me an email or join the discussion below. Don’t hesitate to ask questions that you would love to have answered or discussed during the podcast. You can also just say hi. Whatever feels most comfortable.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *